Adrenal Fatigue Evaluation
Adrenal glands are responsible for releasing hormones in response to stress. This stress response often can be over stimulated in today’s working and social environments. This excess stimulation over time can change the way that you respond to stress. These changes can be subtle; here are some signs that might suggest your adrenal gland might be underperforming:
- Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), or significant blood sugar drop in response to caffeine
- Cravings for sweet foods during the day
- Sleep cycle issues, especially being a night owl but slow to fully awaken in the morning
- Decreased libido
- Functioning with high adrenaline, or prone to anxiety or even panic attacks
This syndrome can be aided by treatments oriented at balancing many different systems. Our treatment protocols for adrenal fatigue often involve testing your circadian rhythm. This rhythm can become upregulated, (or down regulated if the gland is depleted), due to chronic stress and other environmental factors.
Please see the Adrenal Symptoms Assessment.
The Principles of Naturopathic Medicine
1. First, do no harm.
2. Act in co-operation with the healing power of nature.
3. Address the fundamental causes of disease.
4. Heal the whole person through individualized treatment.
5. Teach the principles of healthy living and preventive medicine.