Our body's adrenal glands play a critical role in buffering stress and regulating long term immune response to chronic infection, enabling us to exceed our normal endurance limits and helping our bodies recover.
The adrenal glands control many bodily functions. An individual with a great deal of stress or chronic infection (such as a tick-borne ailment) may experience stress related symptoms like anxiety, depression or chronic fatigue, as well as joint inflammation and autoimmune mimicking diseases like rheumatoid arthritis.
Lyme disease and Lyme infections must be treated with a combination of approaches. Treatment for overstimulated adrenal or low adrenal are key components.
Some examples of treatment strategies Dr. Sierra may employ are:
- herbal antimicrobials and herbal superfoods
- diets to decrease damaging inflammation and oxidation
- highly nutrient dense diets and supplements
- address underlying health challenges including chronic food allergies and chronic sleep cycle disruption. (Sleep is a key to restoration and building.)
- unmasking shielded Lyme clusters with EDTA to get at pleomorphic, disguising bioshield-producing nanobacteria and parasites (see Calcium Bomb: The Nanobacteria Link to Heart Disease and Cancer)
- judicious usage of ozonation as a follow up to EDTA treatment